Serving Our Patients for more than 25 years
About West Texas Eye Associates
West Texas Eye Associates is a medical ophthalmology practice with the central mission of changing lives by improving and preserving sight. After completing extensive training at Baylor College of Medicine Cullen Eye Institute, Dr. Timothy Kahler founded the West Texas Eye Associates in 1998 to fulfill his vision of establishing a center of excellence in eye care.
Since we opened our doors 25 years ago, our practice has grown to include seven ophthalmologists and one optometrist with a wealth of experience and the knowledge to provide personalized care to every patient. We provide a comprehensive range of medical eye care, vision, and cosmetic services out of five convenient locations in the Greater Lubbock and Midland areas.
At West Texas Eye Associates, we strive to offer the most advanced vision care to all our patients. We pride ourselves on providing comprehensive medical eye exams that address total eye health. Our goal is to ensure that you have excellent vision for life.
To reach that goal, we offer standard vision exams, vision correction surgery, cataract surgery, pediatric ophthalmology, and management for refractive errors. Our skilled team of doctors will also treat serious conditions like corneal diseases, from corneal transplants to innovative treatments, we prioritize your vision health.
We work with you to understand your lifestyle, medical history, and goals so that we can develop a treatment plan that works for you.
Meet the Team
- Zuhair M. Shihab, MD: Dr. Zuhair M. Shihab is an American Board of Ophthalmology certified ophthalmologist and glaucoma specialist.
- Mark P. Sherman, MD: Dr. Mark P. Sherman is a trained general ophthalmologist with a background in research as well as clinical practice.
- W. David Boothe, MD: Dr. David Boothe has been practicing general and pediatric ophthalmology for over 35 years.
- Omar Shoukfeh, MD: Dr. Omar Shoukfeh is an American Board of Ophthalmology-certified ophthalmologist who specializes in cataract and glaucoma.
- Jay C. Bradley, MD: Dr. Jay Bradley is a distinguished corneal and external disease specialist.
- Timothy T. Khater, MD, Ph.D.: Dr. Timothy Khater is the founder of West Texas Eye Associates, an American Board of Ophthalmology-certified ophthalmologist, and a specialist in refractive care and cataracts.
- Suzanne Romeo, OD: Dr. Suzanne Romeo, an Air Force veteran, provides comprehensive optometric care.
State-of-the-ArtState of the Art Technology
Our team of surgeons is experienced in the most advanced techniques in eye care. All of our providers are committed to continuing education and training so we can bring you the latest technology for vision care.
We offer an array of sophisticated vision correction procedures, including:
- Corneal Cross-Linking
- Refractive Lens Exchange
- Implantable Collamer® Lens
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
- LASIK procedures, including LASEK, Intralase LASIK, and Photo Refractive Keratectomy (PRK)
At the Aesthetic Center of Lubbock and the Aesthetic Center of Midland, we offer aesthetic treatments, including facials and peels, microneedling, dermal fillers, Botox, Dysport, CoolsSculpting, fat dissolving injections, and hair restoration.
American Vision Partners
West Texas Eye Associates is proud to be an affiliate of American Vision Partners. Patients can visit any of our affiliate locations in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Nevada, and California to access the best possible provider for their needs closer to home and with less wait time.